Do you want to be a leader and a voice for individuals with disabilities in your community?
Do you want to make a real difference for the more than 3.5 million people with disabilities living in Florida?
Do you want to have a voice in shaping the policies that affect the lives individuals with disabilities and their family members every day?
Now you can, by becoming part of The Family Café Change Agent Network!
Too often, people with disabilities are left out of the policy-making process that shapes the lives of many families in our state. It can be intimidating for one person to speak out, take action, and feel like they have a genuine impact on how individuals with disabilities are treated in our society.
But by bringing our many voices together, we CAN make a real difference!
By becoming part of The Family Café’s CAN initiative, we can:
- Bring together our abilities and talents to advocate for a system that is responsive to all disability issues
- Call for meaningful system reform measures
- Take the lead in our communities
- Share information to help families become effective players within their communities
- Develop statewide networks to organize and discuss the issues that are most important to families
- Create a united position on a number of critical disability policy issues
Change Agent Network Membership Benefits
- Priority seating at The Family Café Annual Conference;
- Membership only resources and advocacy tools on our exclusive program website;
- An invitation to participate in CAN Capacity building workshop, and
- An exclusive CAN t-shirt with our unique program logo.
To become part of this dynamic program, simply complete the registration form below to join online. To join by mail, download the membership application and mail the completed form to our office.
Start making a difference today!
In order for us to complete your membership, we need to confirm that you have a valid email address and have you register for a website user account. You will not be able to join without a valid email account. If you do not have an email address you can get a free one from GMail, or Yahoo.
There are a few reasons why you need to register to access the CAN website. The purpose of CAN is for all of the advocates in Florida to join together and speak as one. For that to work, we need to know who you are. We will only use your information to contact you directly, and it will never be sold or released by The Family Café.
CAN also works on a subscription basis, so login information is needed to track the membership and subscription status of all of our visitors. We like to know who is participating, how often, and in what way. Having each user register makes that possible.
Don't want to register online? Download the Change Agent Network Membership Application and mail with your payment.